Wednesday, August 26, 2009

How Do You Meet Girls?

What do you do to meet women? she says.
I don't have time for that, you say, my schedule's all wrong.
He'd picked her up earlier from one motel, delivered her to another, in the meantime took a second call, which kept him in the neighborhood, and was then called back to the same motel. She'd given two cross streets on Capital Hill that were popular with the younger set, and told him it would be a round trip. Now that she had made her score they were on their way back to her room.
Supermarkets are good for that.
How's that?
You pick out someone you'd like to meet, wait for her to come your way, then you ask for her advice.
Like I don't know how to shop, you mean?
Yeah. That'll get her talking.
I guess that's one way of doing it.
Don't even try to meet women in bars. They're no good for you.
Oh?
They're just out to use somebody. You don't seem like their type, somehow.
So what's their type?
Someone they can forget about.
What kind of type do I seem like?
You're one of those sensitive guys.
Never thought of myself like that.
Trust me, you are. Kind of women you want to meet, they hang out in libraries, places like that.
You're almost back to the motel when her cell phone rings. She speaks in low tones for a minute.
There's been a change of plans, she says, if you don't mind waiting for me, I need to go down to the Omni. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think of these stories.